Saturday 24 November 2012

North West School of Design Graduation Fashion

Being an alum of the North West School of Design, I had the honour of being invited to attend the 2012 Graduation Fashion Show and act as a moderator for the night. Walking in, I felt so proud to have been a part of such a prestigeous event.

Me at NWSD Graduation Fashion Show

Overall, the event was very well organised as well as very enjoyable. I loved that there was a sponsor backdrop and a red carpet- something different for Klerksdorp yet welcomed by all. I think that the North West School of Design is always bringing something new to our city and sets the trend with everything 'fashion.'

 Lisa, Anton and myself on the red carpet

It was lovely to see the great talent emerging from my alma mater and certainly showed that South Africa is busting with vibrant, creative and talented designers. I really liked the 'Principal's Surprise' by Marisca Koekemoer- I thought it was very interesting and well made.

The Principal's Surprise

The 'Designer of the Year,' Hendrik le Roux certainly portrayed his theme throughout the evening as even he was dressed accordingly; North West School of Design's very own James Bond.


Hendrik and his models
 
 

I am so proud to be associated with such a dynamic deisgn school and pleased to see such originality and inventiveness emerge. I cannot wait to see what next year's graduates have to offer. Well done North West School of Design's Class of 2012.

Photography by Donovan Roets

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Jose for all you kind words. Marlene

    ReplyDelete